What Personal Information Does The Daniel Johnston Web Store Gather?
The information we learn from registered members (implemented in the future) helps us personalize and continuously improve your benefit of the Daniel Johnston Web Store. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way, not including credit card information. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our content, content offerings and website, communicating with you and processing orders.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses the Daniel Johnston Web Store.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from the Daniel Johnston Web Store if your computer supports such capabilities.
What's Up With Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that the web site transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to allow our systems to recognize your browser and to provide personalized logins and to store information specific to you between visits. No personal information about you is stored in the cookies we use.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies are required to allow you to enjoy a convenient and effective experience so we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does the Daniel Johnston Web Store Share the Information It Receives?
We are not in the business of selling its information to others. We share customer information only as described below. We do not sell or lend your information to anyone.
- Agents: If we employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include processing credit card payments and store orders. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of the Daniel Johnston Web Store and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Daniel Johnston and/or this site, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from registered users for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
You provide such information when you search, buy or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you place an order through the Daniel Johnston Web Store; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; or participated in Suggest A Product . As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; and product preferences. We will never ask for your credit card information through e-mail or IM.Automatic Information